Relief

• October 30, 2021 at 1:58 pm #9159
    Rachel Jones
    Participant

You hit the nail on the head with the sense of isolation and secrecy. My parents are scheduled for a visit in a couple weeks to clear out an apartment they rented next to my house (so they could spend more time with my kids) They finally ended the lease after things became rockier and rockier. I am feeling very vulnerable to the emotions of grief and guilt and rage, and just starting this class is giving me some sense of safety and validation to survive the turbulence.

October 31, 2021 at 2:47 pm #9173
    Amanda
    Participant

When I spoke to my parents for the first time in about 10 years (I think I spoke to them once in between), I figured out why I was so quiet during my childhood. I’m not really a quiet person but the whole week after I spoke to them I barely said a word. I realized I was spending all my time thinking about what they had said to me and being enraged by it and playing the conversation I had with my dad over and over in my head and trying to figure out how he had manipulated the conversation and goaded me and then acted like he was the bigger person. So that was interesting that I figured out why I was so quiet as a teenager. And that’s crazy that I spend my whole childhood like that. It took me awhile to feel like myself again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.