Forum Guidelines

• September 27, 2021 at 7:38 pm #8655
    Jay Reid
    Keymaster

Please share your thoughts and/or experiences in relation to this lesson. A few things to keep in mind:

Please do not post anything inappropriate
    Maintain a positive atmosphere. Emphasize for respect for all points of view. Racist, sexist, abusive or disrespectful comments will result in your privileges being denied.
    The discussion forum is not intended to provide crisis support. If you are in crisis and/ or are feeling actively suicidal this is not the place to seek help. We encourage you to get professional assistance so that you can get the care you need (e.g. calling ‘911’ if in acute crisis).
    Share your experience, rather than advice. It’s far more helpful to express how a post impacted you rather than advise someone what you believe they should do.

October 11, 2021 at 3:57 pm #8928
    Allison Israel
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I related to many of the points Jay made. The only major difference from my experience was that my Mother (the Narcissist) rejected me from birth. When the nurse brought me to her when I was born she said that I was not her child and they must have made a mistake. She refused to take me and they ended up giving me to my father. My father told me that story. I did not have a honeymoon phase. Did any one else have and experience like mine? Does everyone have a Honeymoon phase? I would love to hear your thought>

October 12, 2021 at 12:21 am #8931
    MARTIN ETHERIDGE
    Participant

Hi Alison, I suspect I went through some sort of honeymoon phase, but only because my enabler father bore a lifelong resentment bordering on hatred towards me and because my narcissist mother would abandon anyone in order to get some narcissistic supply, which she might have done when I was a baby.
    My father had all the traits of borderline personality disorder and was clearly consumed with abandonment terror so he’d do anything to try to get my mother to take care of him first.
    Your mother’s behaviour towards you when you were born was terrible. Congratulations for surviving and being here!
    We were all lovable children with the misfortune of being born to sick parents.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.